All right guys, this is it! “Find Your More” is happening.
Please like or reblog this photo if you plan on participating - I’d like to get a rough estimate of what to expect, and a signal boost would definitely help. (You can delete the text if you want to!)
For those who missed it, “Find Your More” is a personal project I’ve been working on that I’ve developed into a one-year challenge, and you’re all welcome to do this with me. This is not a weight loss or fitness challenge (although those things may factor into your outcome); it is a positive wellness and lifestyle challenge! If you choose to participate, it’s starting at the beginning of September. It will involve:
- No calorie counting (unless for purely medical purposes).
- No weighing yourself (see above).
- A focus on whole foods from all food groups, mindful/intuitive eating, unbiased food education, and casual self-assessment to feel out what your own unique nutritional needs are to make your own unique body function ideally.
- Learning to detach food from the concept of morality, eliminating the ideas of guilt/compensation/righteousness from the process of eating, and disengaging from other harmful societal values that exacerbate our culture’s general poor relationship with food and eating.
- A focus on physical activity as an enjoyable way to make your body and mind feel good and work better, rather than solely as a method of altering physical appearance for superficial results.
- Exploring different types and outlets of physical activity as a learning experience and to help yourself discover activities that you never considered, or that make you feel good, or that your own unique body might be especially suited to.
- A focus on a manageably healthy lifestyle at any size or weight or shape. (A healthy body comes from a healthy lifestyle, but as a culture we seem to have gotten that mixed up.)
- Making time for life experiences, learning and trying new things, and allowing flexibility within a healthy and moderate lifestyle.
- Disengaging from the good body/bad body binary. All bodies are good bodies, including yours. Learning to walk away from the cultural values that sell you things to change yourself, and learning to be accepting of all physical choices and appreciative of all bodies, including your own.
- A focus on daily positivity, even if it’s small. Share a thing from your day that you feel was beneficial to your overall, long-term wellness.
- Everything is 100% voluntary and very unstructured. This is not a “program”. There are no lists, timetables, numbers, or specific meal plans.
- See where you are in one year.
This is a challenge designed to break the cycle of diet culture and disordered relationships with food and exercise. We can live well and be healthy without measuring, obsessing, or buying into things that tell us we are not good enough. We are all more than our bodies, our weights, and our measurements. Whatever your “more” might be… let’s go find it. <3
(Please tag your related posts with #findyourmore or #find your more so I can see them!)